1. Finding the farm we've been looking for since the last time we found it, back when our children looked more like,
which really feels like years ago or yesterday, depending on how well our day has gone...and reminds me to keep slowing down because nothing else is.
2. The amount of applesauce, apple chips, and (maybe) apple butter we will be putting up today.
3. The pulled pork sandwiches we devoured afterwords and how I became super mom when the girl got Goldfish for what she claimed was the first time ever. (not quite) Oh Goldfish, how gross you are and yet how you pull at the hearts of the young.
4. No matter where we are the awe drops of color make us stop and sigh. Even on chilly days, we're out, and it's lovely to be so.
5. Soup weather- real soup weather, not me pretending it's soup weather, is here. Last night was broccoli, potato, carrots, chicken broth, a little spice, a little milk.
6. The hard-cider bubbling smell in our house and knowing that a best bud will be over a lot more soon because she loves me, oh...and the cider... a lot.
7. A yearly camping trip just around the corner. Scary campsites, lots of hiking, bunches of us around the fire- two days and counting.
8. Two writing circles filling my evenings with laughter, words, courage, and time to breathe.
9. The applications being sent off all over the country- the possibilities, the hard work, the knowing that we'll be where we're meant to be and having no choice but to let go of knowing specifics.
10. This space, the time I carve to be here.
What are ten things you're loving these days?
Wishing you midweek joys.